What Headlight Bulb Do I Need?
Headlights are a crucial safety precaution for any vehicle. They allow you to see the road ahead of you while driving in darkness or bad weather. However, headlights often dim over time, and will need to be replaced at some point. The question is: what type of headlight bulb do I need? This blog post will help answer that question!
The majority of vehicles use halogen headlights. These are the traditional bulbs that most people picture when they think about a headlight. To replace these, you can simply purchase standard halogen replacement bulb for your specific vehicle model and year. This will fit perfectly into your existing housing! You may need to remove some trim or other parts in order to access the headlight housing, but it is usually fast and easy to do.
The second most common type of bulb is HID (high intensity discharge). These are found in many newer cars today because they produce a brighter light than halogen bulbs without requiring much additional power from your vehicle’s electrical system. However, these lights need an HID conversion kit to function properly. This is a relatively simple process, but you will want to leave this replacement up to an experienced professional, as it can be dangerous if not done correctly!
There are other types of headlights that produce different light colors or patterns for special functions. In these cases, the headlight bulb should fit your vehicle specifically. You can find out what you need by contacting your vehicle’s manufacturer, or by checking the owner’s manual and online resources for more information on standard replacement bulbs available to consumers.
Car Light Bulb Types
The headlight is just a type of many car lights. There are many types of car light. Let’s know about these in brief-
- Headlight: Alight attached to the front of a vehicle to show the road ahead. These can be high beam and low beam light.
- Taillights: Red light that indicates other drivers of your presence on the road & It also the safety system Key features. Red lights at the rear of the car.
- Fog light: located below headlights to provide better vision in foggy weather.
- Signal lights: also known as indicators that indicate the turning direction of the car. It also an important safety function.
- Hazard lights: also known as flashers. These lights are located in front and back of the car to indicate any problem or warning.
- Driving lights: located inside the vehicle and bright inside the car for the passenger.
- Daytime running lights: located in both front and rear of the car and turn on automatically. It used in the daytime.
Headlight Bulb Lights Chart
Car headlight bulbs are of different types such as LED bulb, Halogen bulbs, HID kits. A wide variety of models are available. All the model names can’t be included in a single article. Some are given below:
How Much Does It Cost to Replace a Headlight Bulb?
The cost of replacing a car’s headlight bulb depends on its type. Headlight bulbs generally can be Halogen bulb, HID bulb or LED bulb. Among these, halogen bulbs are the cheapest for their availability. Standard halogen bulb replacement can cost at least 12$.
HID bulbs are more expensive than halogen bulbs. Standard HID bulb’s cost from 36$ to 120$. The exact price depends on the brand and set up of the HID bulb. LED bulbs are the most expensive among all the headlight bulb types. Standard LED bulb’s cost between 78$ and 187$. Before spending that much, you can check out headlight adjustment to know more about it.
The reason behind this huge variation in price is that different types of bulb have a different life span. LED bulbs last much longer than HID and Halogen bulbs. The lifespan of a Halogen bulb is the lowest as its price.
Today, we have discussed the different types of headlight bulbs. Now you know about LED bulb, Halogen bulb or HID kit for your vehicle’s headlights. The price also varies according to its type and life span.