The engine of a car is the most vital part of a car. When the engine gets started, a car begins running. The engine of a car makes loud noise while it is on a run, in particular the heavy automobiles and racing cars. So the noise from each car because of the engines creates sound pollution, which is not always top for the environment.
To resolve this problem, an additional component is added to the automobiles to lessen the noise from the engines, and the component is referred to as a muffler.
Borla Exhaust Vs Magnaflow
Model: Borla® 40359
Borla provides custom designed muffler.
Magnaflow does not provide with such feature.
Borla offers a signature sound from their muffler which many drivers like.
Magnaflow offers a great sound but not that much unique from other brands.
Borla cannot increase the horsepower or efficiency of the engine.
Magnaflow gives a power boost to the engine by increasing horsepower.
Made with T-304 stainless steel which is never rust
Built in Stainless Steel For Durability & Dyno Proven
Borla Offers Million-mile Warranty
Magnaflow does offer a lifetime warranty.
Borla is a chambered muffler.
Magnaflow is a straight through muffler.
Proudly made in the USA
Partially made or assembled in the US
What Is A Muffler?
A muffler is a car machine, which reduces the noise emitted through the exhaust of an inner combustion engine. It is a unique noise-deadening tool forming a part of the exhaust device of a car.
Mufflers are installed up usually in the exhaust device of inner combustion engines. The muffler is designed as an acoustic tool to lessen the loudness created by the engine. The technique is referred to as acoustic quieting. An inevitable aspect of a muffler is deadening the noise from an engine restricts the exhaust gas flow, which creates pressure. Extra back pressure effects in low performance of engine.
There are many types and brands of mufflers available in the market. Borla and Magnaflow are the well-known brands of automobile mufflers.
Borla Short Review
Borla provides big energy profits with a mellow tone and that is excellent. Borla Exhaust prides itself on production of a large choice of top rate exhaust structures, headers, and mufflers in the USA from extremely first rate T-304 stainless steel. Its cat-lower back structures are crafted from absolutely welded.
mandrel-bent tubing and overall performance tuned to generate as much as 15% extra horsepower than stock and that’s the purpose you’ll discover Borla structures at expert race tracks across the world! In fact, Borla is so assured in its Street structures that it backs them with a Million Mile Warranty!
- T-304 stainless steel does not rust ever.
- 100% welded construction for strength.
- Free-flow design to make sure improved performance.
- High-temperature continuous-filament fiber (CFF) acoustic material for sound control.
- Natural mill finish is polish able.
- Installation flexibility for reversible design.
- Stainless steel construction makes it durable.
- Recommended for car, SUV and truck applications.
Magnaflow Short Review
Magnaflow’s signature sound is a low and deep growl. The tone stays a deep rumble at idle and cruising. Budget-friendly features make them a famous desire for the budget-aware consumer who is seeking out a deep tone from an automobile’s exhaust system.
Drivers who’re searching out a rough and throaty sound, do not have to go further than Magnaflow. These exhaust structures supply a terrific exhaust notice with none harshness or awkward sounds. It is a clean however effective tone.
- Stainless steel for durability.
- Tuned and powerful exhaust sound.
- Satin black high temp ceramic coating of complete system.
- Free-flow design for maximum performance.
- Mandrel bent for optimum gas flow.
- Quality design and workmanship.
- Lifetime warranty on steel.
- One-year warranty on ceramic coating.
Who is the winner?
It would not be right to say exactly who the winner is. They both are great in features in a different way. Borla is a chambered muffler and for that reason, it is less-loud than Magnaflow. So if you want a quiet ride, you can go for Borla.
On the other hand, if you pay attention to increase the efficiency of your automobile’s engine, you can go for Magnaflow for its straight through design. Besides, Borla is way too expensive than Magnaflow. So if you are on budget, Magnaflow will be the best option to have an amazing exhaust system remaining on budget.
How to install a Muffler?
- Jack up the vehicle to slide the underneath.
- Remove the clamps or bolts with wrenches or ratchets.
- Carefully remove the old muffler, so that there is at least 2 inches of pipe on either side that will fit into your new muffler.
- Now install the new muffler by bolting and clamping or welding as per the instructions. Also, start your car and drive it around a little bit to check if the new muffler is working properly.
Are The Mufflers Expensive?
Yes, mufflers from good and well-known brands are so expensive. The reason for the mufflers being so pricey is they are made of stainless steel and they are durable long enough. Installation of a new muffler can be so much more expensive also because many types of tools and instruments are needed to install or change a muffler.
|Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|