Toyo AT2 Extreme vs Toyo AT2 Tires
When it comes to tires, there are not many options for an all-terrain tire that can withstand the most intense conditions. Toyo AT2 Extreme tires are designed to tackle the roughest terrain. In this article, we compare the Toyo AT2 Extreme with the Toyo AT2. Both Toyo at2 extreme and at2 are made in the USA.
Good tires are necessary for enjoying a smooth and safe journey in all conditions like wet, dry, wintry, and snowy conditions. These two tires are fit for pickups, vans, light trucks, SUVs, etc.
Toyo AT2 Extreme vs AT2 Chart
This comparison table might help to buy the best tires for your vehicles. The comparison table shows the exact data and you will get both tires’ details by placing them side by side. Also, comparing between two tires is essential to opt for the best tire.
Tire size LT285/75R17
Tire size LT285/70R17
Overall Diameter 33.9 inche
Overall Diameter 32.8 inche
Max Pressure Single 80 (psi)
Max Pressure Single 80 (psi)
Tread Depth 16 inche
Tread Depth 17 inche
Max Load Single capacity 3195 Lbs
Max Load Single capacity 3085 Lbs
Speed rating S
Speed rating R
Treadwear Warranty 50,000-miles
Treadwear Warranty 50,000-miles
Designed with a staggered block edge that is combined with a hook skirt in the center blocks that helps to improve handling and traction during braking and accelerating in all conditions,
Polygonal blocks and zigzag sipes designed for superior snow performance.
Comes with Deep tread grooves to improve traction on rainy or damp roads and also help to dig into sticky mud, slush, and snow.
Stunning sidewall and open tread block design offers tough looks and better performance on the surfaces like wet, dry, tarmac, snow, while managing a peaceful drive
It is fit for light trucks and SUVs like Kia Telluride, Subaru Ascent, Hyundai Palisade, Nissan Frontier, Jeep Gladiator, Chevrolet Colorado, Ford ranger, etc.
Especially used in pickups, vans, light trucks and SUVs like Toyota sienna, Mercedes-Benz Metris, Ford transit, ford transit connect, etc.
Toyo AT2 Extreme Tire
Toyo at2 extreme is also known as a Toyo open country AT2 extreme in the market. The durable and reliable Toyo at2 extreme tire is designed to perform exceptionally well in many conditions. It provides perfect traction on severe conditions you need with more viability and lifetime than the competition.
It is suitable for light trucks and SUVs. It is designed to perform on-road and off-road. Provides better traction and comfort in wet, dry, and light snowy conditions. They are designed to provide a smooth ride on the road and reliable traction on pebbles, rocks, and mud.
Toyo AT2 Tire
Toyo at2 is also an all-season and all-terrain tire that offers exceptional wet and snow traction with outstanding mileage. This innovative and versatile all-terrain tire smooth handling, proper braking, perfect traction, comfortable ride in on-road or off-road stability.
It offers excellent and stunning mileage for pickups, vans, and SUVs. It comes with a 45,000 to 60,000 mileage treadwear warranty. Aggressive sidewall and block designed to provide tough looks and robust performance in dirt, sticky mud or snow, while managing a decent ride.
Comparison between Toyo at2 extreme vs at2 helps you to select the best tires among many other tires. There are lots of tires available right now from similar or different brands. All are approximately the same and stunning. So, one may get confused when they come to buy tires for their light trucks or SUVs. In these cases, comparison between two or more two tires is crucial.
Both tires are mostly similar and provide almost the same performance. Toyo at2 extreme is an updated and latest version of Toyo at2. The main difference between these two tires is, Toyo at2 extreme has slightly deeper tread blocks, elevated sidewall patterns, and the extreme is usually found on their larger size.
On the other hand, Toyo AT2’S is designed with an aggressive sidewall open tread block to improve traction in all conditions and 8T is the only option on those larger sizes. Top features and benefits of Toyo at2 extreme and Toyo at2 tires
Key features of Toyo at2 extreme
- Staggered block skirt combined with a hook edge design in the center blocks helps grip onto the mud, clay, slush, and snowy conditions to improve traction during braking, handling, and accelerating in these conditions. Also, increase off-road viability.
- Designed with sizeable deep tread grooves with stone ejecting blocks that improve traction on damp or rainy roads and allow digging into clay, slush, and snow.
- The bar between blocks stabilizes tread blocks to lessen irregular wear and road noise and enhance braking and handling.
- Designed with multi-wave 3D sipes that decrease the chance of block movement for better wet and dry performance with less chance of irregular wear.
- The tapered claw edges within the tread grooves improve traction in shallow mud, snow, or slush.
- Wide evacuation grooves help to evacuate water, dirt, sludge, and snow from the center of the tire and offer a pleasant journey.
Key features of Toyo at2
- Updated wear-resistant tread material gives excellent viability and increases the life of the tread.
- Aggressive sidewall and open tread block design deliver better traction, handling, and braking on the surface including wet, rainy, dry, snow, pebble, grass, clay, and sand.
- Providing long distance safe journey and optimized pattern arrangement distributed at variable pitches the tread pattern is designed to enhance traction and reduce street noise.
- The performance of sealed road grip, puncture resistance, cutting or chipping resistance, reduced road noise, ride comfort, tread life, fuel efficiency is top rated.
Considering all the information that is mentioned above, I must say both tires are good overall. But in some cases, Toyo at2 extreme performs better than Toyo at2 in off-road traction, fuel efficiency, traction in any conditions. But, Toyo at2 also has a good tire constructed to provide a better ride on almost all surfaces.
|Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|