Kumho Crugen HT51 Vs Michelin Defender Tire
Are you looking for gorgeous as well as the best tires for your light trucks or SUVs? Both KUMHO CRUGEN ht51 and Michelin defender fulfill all your expectations. Both are quality full and sensational tires. But to know which is exceptional and best overall, a comparison is needed. But before starting the comparison between these two tires, first of all, you need to know their basic explanation.
Kumho Crugen HT51 Vs Michelin Defender
Both tires are good from their specific field. This comparison chart helps you distinguish between these two tires easily and know all their information by placing them side by side. Also, you can know both products’ details at a glance at one place.
Tires Size 265/50R20
Tires Size 275/55R20
Products Dimension (30.5 x 30.5 x 10.9 inches)
Products Dimension (32.2 x 10.83 x 32.2 inches)
Load Capacity 2403 Pounds
Load Capacity 2535 Pounds
Load index rating 111
Load index rating 113
Rim size or width 8.5 Inches
Rim size or width 9.5 Inches
Speed rating T
Speed rating T
Optimized geometric block layout technology helps to enhance the tread life.
This tire is made based on 3D active sipes technology to deliver all-season traction on dry roads and in stormy/windy weather.
It is developed for drivers who drive light pickups, vans, crossovers, and sport utility vehicles.
Designed for vans, pickups, commercial vans, shuttles, chassis cab vehicles and sport utility vehicles
This tire’s internal structure is made with a two-ply polyester cord body for improved driving quality and strength.
Featured with Max Touch building that helps to save the fuel (up to 65 Gallons) over the life of the tire.
Engineered with 4 wide, circumferential zigzag grooves create a vortex effect to amplify water flow-through, evacuate water and clay, increasing hydroplaning obstruction.
Designed with EverTread material that helps this tire last 10% longer in worst conditions like rainy or heavy snowy conditions.
Kumho Crugen Ht51
The CRUGEN ht51 manufactured by KUMHO’s is a highway all-season radial tire. It is developed for comfortable and safe driving in all conditions like dry, wet, and light snowy. It comes with good light snow traction and is capable of providing a better experience all season.
It is developed for drivers who drive light pickups, vans, crossovers, sport utility vehicles, and durability, a comfortable ride all-season. It utilizes an all-season tread material molded into an asymmetric tread design with an optimized geometric block layout. It ensures the highest and long-lasting tread life.
Michelin defender (model: 275/55R20 113T) is also known as Michelin defender LTX M/S. This is also a highway all-season tire that is developed to assemble long tread life. It is designed with a superior functional tread pattern, and it offers enhancement in wear life (extend treadwear life) to meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks.
It fits vans, pickups, commercial vans, shuttles, chassis cab vehicles, and sport utility vehicles. It is designed to provide a smooth, safe ride year after year with proper traction (road-to-tire) in dry, wet, and wintry conditions. It offers excellent traction even in light snowy conditions.
With this comparison, you will know the similarities and differences between both KUMHO CRUGEN ht51 and Michelin defender. Both tires are exceptionally well and deliver the best performance in wet and light snowy conditions. Though they have lots of similarities, they have some differences too.
They have come from different brands and are also designed with unique features. With this comparison between KUMHO CRUGEN ht51 vs Michelin defender, you can easily see the whole details of these two tires.
Kumho Crugen ht51 is best for light to medium snowy conditions and it is a midrange brand tire.
On the other hand, Michelin defender provides quiet and comfortable ride quality in dry and wet conditions and improves traction in severe conditions. Michelin is a top-rated brand that is known for its quality products.
Key Features Kumho Crugen HT51
- Formulated with a five-rib tread design, it features a stiff center block design that fortifies stability, improves traction (road-to-tire), smooth handling abilities, and straight-line driving performance.
- It utilizes an all-season tread material molded into an asymmetrical tread design with an optimized geometric block design for the highest tread life.
- It is designed with an asymmetrical four-channel layout and appeasement block shape that amplifies tread life.
- Provide 70,000 mileage warranty (P-metric only) and 45,000 mileage warranty (LP-metric only).
- Four wide, circumferential zigzag grooves make a rolling effect of improving water flow, increasing hydroplaning resistance, evacuate water, and slush instantly.
- It comes with 3D zigzag sipes that provide biting edges for light snow traction and enhance the grip as well as braking performance.
- The internal structure consists of a two-ply polyester cord body for improving ride quality, handling, durability, stability, and strength.
Key Features Michelin Defender
- All-season and all-weather tire with durable tread wear design.
- It is designed to associate a smooth, quiet ride and soft-grip with year after year traction in all conditions (dry, wet, wintry, rainy, and light snowy).
- Designed with an exceptional and highly functional tread pattern and delivers improvements in wear lifespan.
- Able to meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks.
- MaxTouch construction design helps this tire save up to 65 Gallons of fuel throughout the tire’s life.
- Featured with Ever Tread material helps to hold the grip in tougher conditions and make the tire last 10% longer in severe conditions.
- The tread material is molded into a symmetric tread design of stable individual tread blocks.
- Engineered with high-density 3D-Active Sipes to provide all-season better traction on dry roads and in the worst weather.
- Included double steel belts to provide the strength, durability, proper handling, and braking needed to handle heavy loads.
Kumho Crugen ht51 and Michelin defender both tires are good in several conditions. Michelin defender is a good tire for having some extreme features and technologies. It provides long tread life and enhances the grip, handling, braking, and traction in all conditions. But Kumho is a midrange brand and it delivers less traction than Michelin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
|Check Price on Amazon
|Check Price on Amazon